Today we’re talking about the top applications of Python. Python is simple and easy to learn. The language promotes faster development of application prototypes because of its simple and clean syntax and great debugging features.
Top Applications of Python
Python supports multi-platform operating system which makes the building and implement of application much easier.Some of the popularly known platforms are DropBox, Instagram etc.
Now, let’s have a look at the applications of Python.
1. Web Development
- Python can be used to rapidly develop various web applications.
- Developing a web application is much easier in Python because of the many frameworks that it offers – See Flask and Django
- Python frameworks are known for its certanity, reliabiltiy and flexibilty.
- These web-frameworks simplify tasks such as content management, data, communication and linking to Internet processes such as HTTP, SMTP, XML,FTP,POP and JSON
2. Desktop GUI Applications
- Python not only boasts of syntax similar to English but also incorporates architectural formats and capabilities into many operating systems.
- These features, combined with their rich text processing tools, make Python an excellent choice for building desktop-based GUI applications.
- Some of the libraries provided by Python are wxWidgets, PYQT or Pyside, Kivy, and Tkinter.
Recommended read – Top 5 Python GUI libraries
3 Software Development
- From the simplest of the programs to complex mathematical scripts that solve problems for machine learning and artificial intelligence, Python does it all.
- This is why Software Developers use Python as a support language to control construction, testing and management.
4. Business Applications
- Business-level software or business plans are prominently different from standard applications, as they require applications that are scalable, extensible, and easily readable which is provided by Python.
- Since the business applications are developed, taking into account the custom requirement of the organization’s operating model, the entire development process becomes complex. This is where Python can make a significant difference.
Some tools of Python used for business applications development are:
- Odoo, an all-in-one management software that builds a complete set of business management applications.
- Tryton, a three-tier, high-level, general-purpose application platform, is another amazing tool for creating business applications.
5. Audio or Video-based Applications
- We use Python to develop applications that can work with multimedia.
- Video and audio applications such as TimPlayer, Cplay are built using Python Libraries.
- They offer better stability and performance compared to other media players.
- Few of the multimedia libraries are: Gstreamer, Pyglet, QT Phonon
6. Game Development
- Python is packed with many useful extensions that are good for developing interactive games.
- For example, libraries such as PyGame and PySoy which is a 3D game engine that supports Python 3 are two Python-based libraries that are broadly used for game development.
- Python is the basis of popular games such as Battlefield 2, World of Tanks, Vega Strike, and Civilization-IV.
- Apart from game development, the game originator can also use Python for the development of such mechanisms which will make simplify many specific actions such as level design, etc.
7. Mathematical and Scientific Applications
- The extensive library base of Python has become an important tool in computer science.
- Python offers various scientific and mathematical libraries which makes it easier to solve many complex problems.
Some of the popular Python framework/packages for scientific and numeric use are mentioned below:
8. Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- AI and ML models and projects are naturally different from traditional software models.
- When it comes to AI/ML projects, the tools and technologies used and the skills required are completely different from those used in the construction of standard software projects.
- Python has all the features that developers need to create artificial intelligence algorithms, and therefore, Python has become one of the most popular languages by Data Science experts.
Python’s simplicity, consistency, platform independence, a large collection of knowledgeable libraries, and a working community make it an ideal tool for developing AI and ML programs. Some of the best Python AI and ML packages are:
- Pandas for general-purpose data analysis
- Keras, TensorFlow, and Scikit-learn for ML
- SciPy for advanced computing
9. Education programs and training courses
- If there is any programming language, to begin with, it is Python.
- Python’s simple learning curve and simplicity are two important reasons why it is one of the most widely used languages in education programs, both at primary and tertiary levels.
10. Language Development
- Over the years, Python design and module development have been the driving force behind the development of many programming languages such as Boo, Swift, Coffee-Script, Cobra, and OCaml.
- All of these languages share many similarities with Python for reasons such as object model, syntax, and indentation.
After learning about all of these resourceful and diverse applications, it is safe to conclude that Python is capable of managing almost any developmental need.
Over the past few years, Python programs have gained new leeway in the field of Data Science as well, especially in Machine Learning.