Hello Learner! Today we would be comparing two programming languages namely Python vs Scala. First, we would be understanding both languages individually and then move on to comparing the two with each other.
Python vs Scala – A Quick Comparison
|Property||Scala Programming Language||Python Programming Language|
|In terms of Performance||10 times faster than Python||Slower|
|In terms of Complexity||Scala may be a bit more complex than Python||Less complex|
|In terms of Refactoring||Refactoring is much easier||Refactoring can result in bugs in Python|
|Type of project||Large scale projects.||Small scale projects.|
|Testing of the code||Testing is much better in scala||Testing of code can get complex|
|Community of both the languages||Good but still less than Python||Large community|
Recommended read: Python modules vs Python packages – what is the difference?
Introduction to Python Programming Language
Python continues to be one of the most popular open-source programming languages and is being widely used as a scripting and automation language as well. Python is a powerful, fast, easy to learn and understand language.
Advantages of Python Programming Language
- Easy to learn and understand
- A large number of developers prefer python over many other programming languages
- It comes with a great number of libraries, modules, and functions
- It also supports many built-in functions, data types, and modules.
- It is fast and one of the best languages for beginners to start off their development with.
Disadvantages of Python Programming Language
- Python is a dynamically typed language that makes the computer consume a little more time when compared to C, C++, or Java.
- Along with time consumption, memory consumption is also high in the Python programming language.
Introduction to Scala Programming Language
Scala programming language turns out to be a combination of both object-oriented and functional programming approach in one single small and high-level language.
This language was originally built for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) which makes it easier to support Java and also allows a developer to build high-performance systems with easy access to a huge number of libraries.
Advantages of Scala
- Access to JVM libraries to support Java
- Shares several readable syntax aspects of other popular languages such as Ruby and Java
Disadvantages of Scala
- The code language of the programming language can get complex as it is both object-oriented and functional programming language.
- Very less developers use Scala as the programming language to develop applications and models.
That’s it! You have reached the end of the article!
I hope you found this article helpful to more about both Python vs Scala programming language. The article also covered some basic differences between the two languages.
Thank you for reading!